Tutor in Voice Production
Connaught Center Hove (Brighton College of Technology)
New Opera Viva (Opera Workshop & Production)
Garden Flat 1, 39 Brunswick Place, Hove, BN3 1ND
Private Practice: 01273 774175 / 0973 263223
MARK MUELLER: Lyric Bass
Mark has been a student of mine for years and is leading bass soloist with New Opera Viva. He has achieved a very high standard in singing and in performance; and has completed a one man recital in the art of lieder; also appearing in many operatic productions performing leading roles such as:-
- Count di Luna – Il Trovatore Verdi
- Marcello la Boheme – Puccini
- The Don – Don Giovanni – Mozart
- Figaro – The Marriage of Figaro – Mozart
- Dr Bartolo – The Marriage of Figaro – Mozart
- Pizarro – Fidelio – Beethoven
- Escamillo – Carmen – Bizet
- King Philip of Spain – Don Carols – Verdi
- Bide le Bent – Lucia di Lammermoor – Donnizetti
- The Drunken Poet – The Fairy Queen – Purcell
- Papageno – The Magic Flute – Mozart
- Sorastro – The Magic Flute – Mozart
Mark was one of the leading singers in a tour of the Isle of Wight – a most unusual venture for an amatuer group and Mark had great success in all the concerts presented there.
Oratorio is also a forte of Mark’s accomplishments and he has hosted an evening of Oratorio at Brighton’s premier church, St Peter’s and has appeared as leading bass in The Creation by Haydn, Messiah by Handel and Elijah by Mendelssohn. He also sang the solo baritone role in two productions of Faure’s Requiem.
Mark is also leading bass with another popular group in Brighton, called “Cantanti”. This is a quartet of four soloists with acompanist. This group has a modest but supportive following in the Brighton and Hove area.
Mark sings in Italian, German, Russian and English and as a leading member of New Opera Viva (whose aim is to perform opera in English) he can perform his operatic roles in his own language and that of its origin.
Mark was one of the singers chosen to appear in a television programme called “The Music Makers”.
Finally, Mark has a pleasant, quiet personality, and is popular with Opera Viva as a steadfast colleague and special talent.